Getting Crafty With ChildrenFebruary 10, 2020
Summer is here and many of us are bursting with ideas for making our houses and gardens look great, and getting stuck into projects of all kinds. It’s a good time of year for getting crafty with your children, too, harnessing the potential of the springtime energy and creating some special masterpieces to treasure.
Here at Trabolgan Holiday Village, we pride ourselves on providing holidays that children love, and if you’re in the mood for crafting while you’re staying with us, the Crafty Hands Pottery Studio will be the perfect place for you. You can try claywork and sculpting, or the whole family can get involved and paint a unique pottery creation. You can collect your pieces to take home once they’ve been fired in our pottery kilns, and they’ll be food, microwave and dishwasher safe, too.
Fun Summer Activities For Children
- Green fingers. There are so many crafts to get involved with in the garden at this time of year, and these can really brighten up your space and make it look great for a summer of outdoor fun! Try painting pots and planting up some spring flowers, or embellishing some plant labels for a herb garden. Bird feeders look great in different colours, and you can add some sparkle for an extra touch of fun.
- Paper flowers. Celebrate the outdoors indoors when you create a fabulous bouquet of tissue paper flowers to brighten up your home. Even toddlers will enjoy scrunching up multicoloured paper and securing to garden sticks with pipe cleaners to create flowers that will last all season.
- Get baking. Children always love to help in the kitchen, so take the opportunity to let them be the chef. Choose a new savoury dish and help them cook dinner for the family, or let them pick their favourite cake or dessert recipe and get busy making memories!
- Try sewing. Sewing is great fun for children, although they may need a little extra help to begin with. Once their fingers are able to handle a needle, try teaching them running stitch, back stitch and cross stitch, and let them loose to try some simple embroidery.
- Large scale painting. Children love to get stuck in to painting projects, and a large canvas such as a wall in the garden, or some large sheets of paper spread out on the ground will be extra exciting. It’ll probably turn into a grand colour mixing experiment, but cleaning it all up is much easier outside!
Are You Looking for a Family Holiday in Ireland?
Spend some quality time with your family when you book a weekend or midweek break at Trabolgan Holiday Village. We offer a great range of sporting and craft activities for all the family, and our luxurious accommodation and great entertainment makes Trabolgan the perfect choice.
Our entertainment programmes at Trabolgan are set up to appeal to younger guests as well as older visitors. We have our own lovable characters, Florrie the Fox, Bonnie the Bunny and Wez the Weasel, who will quickly become firm friends. Throughout the summer, we’ll also be enjoying special tribute acts which include Robbie Williams, Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Little Minx, Olly Murrs & Bruno Mars.
Start planning your holiday today by contacting Trabolgan. Simply call our reservations team on +353 (0) 21 4661551 or visit us online now.