Family Crafts For HalloweenOctober 1, 2019
What’s the best way to spend Halloween? A family break at Trabolgan Holiday Village, of course! But whenever you’re joining us, we’ll have a great programme of entertainment and sporting activities for you to get involved with.
We have an excellent programme for kids, including the seasonally themed Florrie’s Freaky Fun Club, especially designed to get you in the mood for a scaring.
We love Halloween, and we’ve embraced the spooky side of the season with plenty of top ideas to inspire you. Try out some of these crafty suggestions at home, and let us know if you have any great Halloween crafts for others to try.
Trabolgan’s Favourite Halloween Ideas:
Here at Trabolgan, we love having fun with all the family. These are some of our favourite Halloween craft ideas, and we hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we do:
- Simple Jack O ’lanterns. Save an old jam jar, and use PVA glue to cover it in scraps of yellow and orange tissue or crepe paper. Cut a pumpkin shape, or some scary silhouettes, from some black paper, and glue on top, and then pop a tealight candle inside the glass and watch it glow.
- Spider webs. Even the youngest children can enjoy this activity, with a bundle of wool and some sticks from the garden. Simply tie two sticks into a cross shape and watch the kids get busy winding the wool around them to create their own pretty spider web.
- Halloween cards. Share the seasonal fun with your loved ones by making some simple Halloween cards. An apple chopped in half makes an excellent pumpkin shape when printed using orange poster paint, and is a very effective but easy design that looks great on black card.
- Pumpkin lanterns. Of course, this is an essential Halloween activity. Whether you’ve grown your own pumpkin, or found the perfect size and shape in the greengrocers, you’ll have great fun designing and cutting out your spooky pumpkin. Our top tip is to draw your design onto the pumpkin before you start cutting, and to use a sharp knife – it’s probably safest for mum or dad to help out here! Pop some candles inside the finished pumpkin and you’ll have a fabulous lantern to grace your doorstep when the trick-or-treaters come calling.
- Broomsticks. There’s something super exciting about making your own broomstick – and if you’ve a Harry Potter fan in the family, you might find it inspires a quick game of quidditch! Simply hunt out a long, straight stick and try it out for size, then attach a bundle of smaller twigs to the end using a couple of elastic bands or some string.
Are You Looking for a Halloween Weekend Break in Ireland?
Trabolgan Holiday Village offers a great range of activities and sports to keep all the family happy, and we have an exciting programme of entertainment that everyone will love.