Halloween Activities You Have To Try!October 14, 2019
Halloween is a fun time of year, however you celebrate the season, and you’re bound to have several different options in your local area. Whether you’re attending a party, throwing your own or going trick-or-treating in your neighbourhood, it’s all about getting together with friends and sharing the spooky spirit!
Here at Trabolgan Holiday Village, we’re looking forward to a fun-filled Halloween with our guests. The highlight of our celebrations is our eerie Dare to Scare Walk, suitable for families, and we know you’ll love our Halloween Disco, Halloween Fancy Dress and TeamStar Halloween Show. Book your last minute Halloween break with us to enjoy all of these events as well as our usual exciting range of activities and entertainment.
Halloween Activities For All The Family
Whether you’re staying at home with your family or enjoying a party with friends and neighbours, there are many great activities that will add to the spooky atmosphere of your gathering. You’ll need to be selective depending on the ages of your attendees and how scary you want things to get! Here are just a few of our favourite ideas:
1. Apple bobbing. Apple bobbing is a seasonal favourite, and children and adults will all have great fun playing together. Simply fill a large bowl or bucket with water, and add some apples! Have fun trying to grab an apple using just your mouth – it’s much harder if you remove the stalks!
2. Pumpkin carving. Carving a Jack O’Lantern is a highlight of the year for many families, and it’s great fun designing your pumpkin and cutting out your shapes. Have a pumpkin competition to see who can create the spookiest design, and pop some tea lights or LED candles inside your finished creations to decorate your house for Halloween.
3. Create spooky food. There are lots of great ideas for Halloween inspired food, and you can all get stuck in to creating a spooky feast together. Try melon ball ‘eyeballs’, or marshmallow and liquorice-lace spiders, as well as spooky iced cakes and coloured jelly.
4. Make broomsticks. The children will love to make their own broomsticks, especially if they’re Harry Potter fans! You’ll need a long, thick stick and lots of small, thin ones, and then you just need to attach the small ones around the end of the main stick with some string or elastic bands, and you’ll have created your very own Halloween broomstick.
5. Toast marshmallows. If it’s fine weather, a bonfire in the garden can be a great way to bring the traditional Samhain celebrations into your gathering, and toasting marshmallows makes this good fun for all ages! Ensure your sticks are long enough to stand well back from the flames, and grab some vegan marshmallows for those with extra dietary needs.
Book Your Family Holiday in Ireland
Have you visited Trabolgan yet? Book a visit to our family holiday park in Cork, this Halloween, and you’ll find a great range of activities and entertainment for all the family. We have an excellent children’s programme with plenty of special friends, including old favourite, Florrie the Fox, and new addition, Billy the Badger. We pride ourselves on having an excellent choice of entertainment for adults too, including many top name tribute acts throughout the year.
Our friendly team are always on hand to help with the details of your booking, so contact Trabolgan today. Simply call our reservations team on +353 (0) 21 4661551 or visit us online now.