Five Autumn Ideas For FamiliesSeptember 14, 2017
The autumn is a beautiful time of the year, but if you’re feeling a little down as you wave goodbye to the summer, it can help to have a few ideas in mind to ensure that you enjoy some great family time this season, too. We’ve been thinking about our favourite family activities for the autumn, and we hope you like our ideas. Please let us know if you have a great idea we’ve missed!
Of course, our top recommendation is to book an autumn break at Trabolgan Holiday Village! We offer weekend and midweek breaks that give you the chance to try new things and relax with your family, recharging your batteries before the winter rolls around.
Five Ideas To Make The Autumn Special
1. Camp out indoors. When you want to recapture the magic of the summer months, what could be more fun than an indoor camping adventure? You can toast marshmallows, tell spooky stories and snuggle up together, but you won’t need to worry about the bugs or the temperature dropping, so it’s a win-win autumn delight.
2. Pick your own. Autumn is the season of great local food in our area, and you can make the most of this by harvesting some amazing fruit and vegetables. Pumpkins and squashes are the star of the season, and if you haven’t grown any in your garden, you can look out for local farm open days to get in on the act.
3. Take a walk. Kids only say they don’t like walking when they know they’re going on ‘a walk’. If you tell them you’re going on a trip to search for treasure, or to find a geocache, they won’t hesitate to get their boots on and get outside. Crunching through the leaves together will give you all a boost of natural light and fresh air, and you can spot the signs of autumn as you walk together, too.
4. Halloween crafting. Do you love Halloween? Whether you throw a party or visit your neighbours for treats, there are plenty of opportunities to celebrate this season. You could try potato printing, or painting pumpkins, or even get crafty creating Halloween costumes for each other.
5. Cook up a storm. As the weather cools, homemade food feels even better and the children will love to help you to create some special treats. Try root vegetable soup or homemade bread with local herbs to keep the chills away.
Enjoy a Family Holiday in Ireland
Trabolgan is a family holiday park in Ireland that’s perfect for a family week, weekend or midweek break. We’ve refurbished several of our luxurious self catering holiday homes this year, and we’ve also updated many of our restaurants and food outlets. Simply contact Trabolgan today: call our reservations team on +353 (0) 21 4661551 or visit us online now.