Feed Your Child’s Imagination With Bedtime StoriesFebruary 14, 2020
When you book a family break at Trabolgan Holiday Village, you can rest assured that we have plenty of activities and entertainment available on site, but you’ll still find time to curl up with a book at the end of the day. Bedtime stories are the perfect way to end the day, with parents and children enjoying some quality time together.
Within the pages of a book, you’ll find imagination, excitement and inspiration, and your children will gain a love of reading that will last them a lifetime. Reading with your children is great for their literacy skills as well as the bond between you, and there are many ways to increase the benefits further for you both. Here are some great ideas for getting the most out of your reading time together.
Our Top Tips For Family Reading Time:
- Share a story. Take it in turns to read, perhaps asking your child to read a page, or a paragraph if he is a resistant reader, and then putting your efforts into reading the rest of the chapter yourself. You’re aiming to inspire your child, so don’t criticise his or her efforts, and ensure that you put 100% into your own reading.
- Take turns to choose. It’s great to read the books that your children pick, but reading books that also inspire you will keep your interest high and ensure that your child is inspired to try new things. Pick some of your old favourites from your own childhood, or checkout some exciting new children’s books together.
- Embrace the experience. Whatever you’re reading, take the chance to make the most of the experience by throwing yourself into it wholeheartedly. Doing appropriate voices for each character and using emphasis in all the right places can make a huge difference to the experience for both reader and listener.
- Try audio books. For those times when you’re both too tired to read, or when you’re travelling in the car, an audio book can be an excellent way to share the magic of story time together. Look for stories read by inspiring speakers, and check reviews to find good options for your child’s age and taste in books.
- Watch the films. It’s an unspoken rule that you should always read the book before you watch the film. Books offer greater depth, a more personal experience and a chance for the imagination to fly. However, it can be great fun to share a family film, and watching a film after you’ve shared the book together can be a wonderful experience.
Are You Looking for A Family Holiday in Ireland?
At Trabolgan Holiday Village, we have a great range of activities and sports to keep the whole family happy, and our exciting programme of entertainment will keep everyone smiling all weekend. We’ve got a fantastic variety of accommodation to suit every taste and budget, and we can’t wait to share our holiday village with you.
We offer week, weekend or midweek breaks at Trabolgan, and we have package deals available throughout the year. Simply call our reservations team on +353 (0) 21 4661551 or visit us online now.