Amazing Easter BrowniesMarch 9, 2020
Chocolate brownies are the perfect, decadent treat at any time of the year, but these special Easter brownies are especially delicious. While the children are tucking into their Easter eggs, you can sit back and enjoy this tasty treat, or get the kids involved and make a batch for your friends or relations to enjoy.
Here at Trabolgan Holiday Village, we love this versatile recipe, which allows us all to choose our favourite Easter topping! We’re looking forward to welcoming our guests for a fantastic holiday this season, and we hope you’ll be joining us soon. Have a wonderful time this Easter, whatever you’re up to, and please let us know if you have a special Easter recipe to recommend.
The Perfect Chocolate Brownie Recipe:
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour, or gluten free plain flour if required
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 275g sugar
- Topping of your choice: we love mini eggs, creme eggs and other small fondant eggs.
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4, 180 degrees.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a small pan, stirring gently over a very low heat, and allow to cool.
- Whisk the eggs together with the sugar in a large mixing bowl until the mixture turns pale and doubles in volume.
- Add the cooled chocolate and butter mixture to the mixing bowl, and combine.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together, and fold into the mixture.
- Pour your mixture into a pan or baking tray and pop into the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Add your topping: If using fondant eggs, cut them in half and place onto the brownies and then return them to the oven for another 10 minutes for the eggs to melt. Alternatively, bake your brownies for longer and then add a quick chocolate ganache to the top of your brownies and scatter with mini eggs.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tray, and then cut and serve for an extra special Easter treat!
Are You Looking for a Family Holiday in Ireland?
Have you discovered Trabolgan yet? Book a visit to our family holiday park in Ireland, and you’ll find a great range of activities, entertainment and luxurious accommodation. We’ve got a great children’s programme, with our very own Trabolgan characters, including old favourite Florrie the Fox and new addition Billy the Badger, and we have an excellent choice of entertainment for adults too.
Many of our guests return to Trabolgan again and again, so we know that they love the holiday experience we offer. Our friendly team are always on hand to help with the details of your booking, so contact Trabolgan today. Simply call our reservations team on +353 (0) 21 4661551 or visit us online now